Monday, October 5, 2009

The Naked Strut

Poor Beautiful Bride. We have been taught the difference between outside voice and inside voice. Yet still we scream at the breakfast table. I figured since I made the oatmeal and the sausages that there would be a stay on the no screaming rule. Ryan followed my lead. In truth I followed his lead. We screamed. His was louder I'm sorry to say. His screams are like horror movie screams. Mine are like old man being squeezed grunts. BB has the silent "I'm being driven mad by these two" mental SCREAM. Hers wins.

BB went to work. Lot's of hugs and kisses before she went. Ryan and I raced to get to her. He won. I don't win much of anything at home. I do get the girl though. I get the girl at the end of the day. The sleeping, drooling, taking all the sheets and yet really sexy girl. So take that boy. Plus, baby making time is coming up on the calendar. So I'll get to do some drooling for a change.

Ryan and I then went upstairs and danced naked to the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack and pointed out our nakedness. "I'm Naked Daddy" Ryan would say during our "Staying Alive" strut from room to room. "I'm Naked Too, Ryan" I would say back while trying to simultaneously maintain my strut and teach adverbs to the boy. He didn't quite get the adverb thing. He started to say "Daddy Naked and Ryan Naked. One, Two."

Time was not on our side as usual. We had to get dressed. Ryan puts his undies on backwards. I can't say I blame him. The cool designs are made to go across the heiny (Batman in action in this case) and dull gate opening that no guy uses is on the front. I know I should probably insist that he puts them on correctly but I totally get his thesis and have no heart to discourage his flawless thought process. We agree and get on with our dressing. No auditions today. It's Garbage Truck chasing time!

3 comments:

  1. I for one am so excited that baby makin time is coming up in your household! (Maybe that came out wrong...) but I really am hoping for another Campbell's Soup kid like Ryan. Dare I dream of one who will wear pink and wrap you around her little finger the moment she takes her first breath???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog so much already! You are very funny. I love the "Sat Nite Fever" soundtrack, although I can't say I have ever danced naked to it. Maybe I should try it.

    And, I agree with you about the undies. If that is the way he wants it, then that is fine! It teaches him self-confidence and self-reliance to dress himself. It isn't the end of the world if his undies are on backwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you AMO for your comments and for following me. I'm not sure yet if this is the proper way to respond but here it goes anyway. I hope enjoy future posts.

    ReplyDelete